United Methodist Women
Join Us – We meet the third Saturday of the month at 9 am to 10:30 am in the Music Room [currently via Zoom] . Contact Barbara Whipple, UMW President for more information.
United Methodist Women is now called United Women in Faith. The mission is the same: to turn
faith, hope and love into action seeking to improve the lives of women, children and youth
The next meeting of Asbury UWF will be May 21 at 9:30 a.m. via Zoom. The meeting agenda will
include discussion of the plans for the Summerfest Pop-Up Shop, plus the beginning of the study
of The Lord’s Prayer based on Adam Hamilton’s book The Lord’s Prayer, The Meaning and
Power of the Prayer Jesus Taught.
All the women of Asbury are welcome to attend.
In July 2011 we celebrated a rededication service for UMW. The group meets on the third Saturday of each month at 9 am until 10:30. Currently there are about 20 members. Come join us!
The purpose of UMW is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship ; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Besides getting together each month for reflection and fellowship, we have initiated several projects including:
- Joining other houses of worship in the area to assemble 200 school kits that were distributed by UMCOR
- Sponsoring an annual baby shower for the children incarcerated with their mothers in the NY state prisons.
- Hosting the Holidays Artisan Fair.
- Coordinating a ‘Love Luncheon ‘ in February [near Valentine’s day]
- Providing partial scholarships to Asbury children attending Vacation Bible School and Volunteer Work programs.
- Financially support UMW national and international mission projects that benefit women, youth and children.
Here’s some pictures —