United Methodist Women
Join Us – We meet the third Saturday of the month at 9 am to 10:30 am in the Music Room. Contact Barbara Whipple, UMW President for more information.
In July 2011 we celebrated a rededication service for UMW. The group meets on the third Saturday of each month at 9 am until 10:30. Currently there are about 20 members. Come join us!
The purpose of UMW is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship ; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Besides getting together each month for reflection and fellowship, we have initiated several projects including:
- Joining other houses of worship in the area to assemble 200 school kits that were distributed by UMCOR
- Sponsoring an annual baby shower for the children incarcerated with their mothers in the NY state prisons.
- Hosting the Holidays Artisan Fair.
- Coordinating a ‘Love Luncheon ‘ in February [near Valentine’s day]
- Providing partial scholarships to Asbury children attending Vacation Bible School and Volunteer Work programs.
- Financially support UMW national and international mission projects that benefit women, youth and children.
Here’s some pictures —