United Methodist Women
Next Meeting – 9 am – November 18th
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH PROGRAM
Health-needs of women and children around the world will be the program topic at the United Methodist Women meeting on Saturday, November 18. All Asbury women are invited for a light breakfast at 9:00 a.m. and a discussion of ways to help address health- needs of vulnerable women and girls.
In July 2011 we celebrated a rededication service for UMW. The group meets on the third Saturday of each month at 9 am until 10:30. Currently there are about 20 members. Come join us!
The purpose of UMW is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship ; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Besides getting together each month for reflection and fellowship, we have initiated several projects including:
- Joining other houses of worship in the area to assemble 200 school kits that were distributed by UMCOR
- Sponsoring an annual baby shower for the children incarcerated with their mothers in the NY state prisons.
- Hosting the Holidays Artisan Fair.
- Coordinating a ‘Love Luncheon ‘ in February [near Valentine’s day]
- Providing partial scholarships to Asbury children attending Vacation Bible School and Volunteer Work programs.
- Financially support UMW national and international mission projects that benefit women, youth and children.
Here’s some pictures —